Due to time constraints and safety concerns, the United States Coast Guard Barque Eagle cannot dock in Downtown Wilmington as originally planned; however, free tours will still be available.
“America’s Tall Ship” will now dock at the North Carolina State Port in Wilmington. To accommodate the public wishing to tour the Barque Eagle, buses will transport ticketholders from Legion Stadium, located at 2149 Carolina Beach Road in Wilmington, to the ship at the State Ports. Buses will depart on Saturday, August 7 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sunday, August 8 from 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
Where to get tickets
Tickets are free of charge and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets will be available in advance on Wednesday, August 4, Thursday, August 5 and Friday, August 6 from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the City of Wilmington’s Recreation Office, located at 302 Willard Street in Wilmington. If you have questions, please call 910-341-7855.
A limited number of tickets for Saturday and Sunday tours will also be available only on Saturday, August 7 at the USCG Cutter Diligence parking lot, located at 109 N. Water Street in Downtown Wilmington from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. while supplies last.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TICKETS AND THE TOUR:
- Tickets will indicate a scheduled tour time.
- Arrive at Legion Stadium 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure with your tickets.
- Passengers are limited to two small carry-on pieces (purse, camera case, etc.).
- Please note there may be delays due to security and other logistical issues.
- No tickets will be distributed on Sunday.
- Tickets will not be available at Legion Stadium or at the State Port.
- Tickets must be presented to board one of the buses. No exceptions.
- Only buses will be permitted to enter the State Port.