On Monday, the city will begin construction of traffic medians in the Pine Valley area. The project is part of the city’s neighborhood traffic management program that identifies both short and long‐term solutions to help reduce speeding and improve safety along neighborhood streets.
The city has done similar projects in the Windemere, Creekwood South and Sunset Park neighborhoods. An initial study was done in 2004 and updated in 2009. Medians that make the roads more narrow and cause traffic to slow down will be constructed at eight intersections.
One lane at a time will be closed at affected intersections during construction, but no full road closures are expected. Traffic signs will posted before construction begins and fliers have been distributed within the neighborhood.
Affected intersections in order of construction are:
- Kelly Rd. & Sand Hill Dr. (Oct. 4‐15)
- Kelly Rd. & N. Hampton Rd. (north intersection: Oct. 4‐15)
- Kelly Rd. & N. Hampton Rd. (south intersection: Oct. 16‐29)
- Amber Dr. & Wickford Rd. (Oct. 16‐29)
- Waltmoor Rd. & Wickford Rd. (Nov. 1‐12)
- Brookshire Ln. & Nottingham Ln. (Nov. 1‐12)
- Eagles Nest Dr. & Sparrow Hawk Ct. (Nov. 15‐Dec. 3)
- Pine Valley Dr. & Kirby Smith Dr. (Nov. 15‐Dec. 3)