||Following is a summary of the new parking rate structure City Council approved in October 2011. The rates will take effect on January 1, 2012.
- Fees will be collected in city decks 24 hours a day, seven days a week and allow drivers to use credit cards to make payments when the decks do not have personnel on duty. The fees will be collected by a cashier until Pay-in-Lane stations are installed in early 2012;
- Hourly deck rate: $1;
- Thurs-Sat after 9 pm, pay upon entry (decks): $5;
- Festival/event deck flat fee: $7;
- Daily maximum/lost ticket fee: $8;
- First 60 minutes in city decks are free;
- Parking ticket fine: $20;
- NO changes regarding on-street parking meters.
Visit wilmingtonnc.gov/parking for more information.