- The April 17, 2013 meeting will begin at 10:00am for a special presentation on sexual violence by the Rape Crisis Center. Presentation is FREE and open to public. Regular meeting to follow presentation.
- April 19, 2013 is Accessible Recreation Day at UNCW from 10:00am – 2:30pm at the UNCW Recreation Center
- May 3, 2013 is the grand opening for CoastalCare at 3809 Shipyard Blvd. from 10:00am – 1:00pm. There will be a ribbon cutting, open house and provider fair.
In November 2012, the Mayor's Committee for People with Disabilities voted to change its name to the Cape Fear Disability Commission (CFDC), with the purpose of expanding the group to become a more regionally diverse board.
The CFDC was established on August 20, 2002 to address the concerns of the community. Our mission is to improve and enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities living in the Wilmington/New Hanover County area.
This objective can be best realized through advocacy for the following:
- Reduction and elimination of barriers in the community for people with disabilities, including, but not limited to, barriers related to employment, housing, transportation, and attitude;
- Increases in people with disabilities participating fully in all aspects of our community.
The Commission meets 3rd Wednesday of every month at 10:30 am. Meetings are held in the New Hanover County Government Center, HR Suite 135.
For more information, call 341-5876 or TTY Relay 711. Or contact us: