The Communications Office facilitates communications, both internally and externally, in a reliable, ethical and resourceful manner and to provide programming for and about the City of Wilmington and its citizens to educate, inform and enhance our community.
The Communications Office serves citizens and staff alike, with both internal and external communications. Our primary responsibilities are to:
- Continuously enhance a positive image of the city through effective, targeted communication efforts;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, proactive communications program;
- Provide communications support to city departments; and
- Provide information to media, alert media to news events, and respond to media on citywide issues.
- The Communications Office also maintains & operates GTV8, the City of Wilmington's Government Access Channel.