See what you can do to help.
To ensure this plan is implemented in accordance with sound business practices your participation will be of great value by providing:
- Strong Leadership
- Long-term commitment to solving a community problem
- Knowledge and insight from a community perspective
- Commit five hours per month to attend committee and public meetings
- Help to ensure successful implementation of desired outcomes and strategies.
Why Sponsor This Plan?
Cities who have successfully implemented their 10-Year Plans to End Chronic Homelessness have realized a return on their investment in the following areas:
- Significant savings from reduced use of public services
- A recent city study demonstrated $16,282 savings in emergency service costs per person placed in supported housing
- Cleaner, safer streets
- Supported housing retention rates of 80% or greater
- More resources to address other homeless subpopulations, including youth and families
- Inspiration and energy from working together to help your neediest neighbors
How will funds be used? Funds may be used to cover costs for research, data collection, general planning, marketing campaign, printing materials, staff and general administration, coordination and implementation of the Plan, hosting focus groups and public meetings, and annual report preparation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Dan Ferrell, Project Manager
United Way of the Cape Fear Area
910.798.3900 Extension 115