Here’s how to play: Find an address or describe unique location for the tree pictured for this month. Email us your answer with appropriate contact information (return email address, and a daytime phone number). From the pool of correct answers a randomly selected winner will be drawn. If that’s you, you will receive instructions on how to collect a FREE tree from one of the sponsors. A different sponsor will be used each month, along with a different tree picture. Limit one win per person per year.Thank you for looking around and enjoying the urban forest!
This Month's Tree
This loblolly has a "V" shaped trunk that once caught an acorn, and now has an oak branch growing out of the fork.
It is a curiosity to see an oak growing from a pine, though they are actually separate trees.
Last month's picture was taken at Greenfield by the corner of Woodlawn Avenue.
Nurseries Supporting "I Spy A Tree (for Free)"
Each month, one of the sponsors listed below will provide that month's winner with a FREE tree.
Click on the sponsor name to see a Google Map of their location:
- Akers Tree Movers, Bill Akers - 232-1700
- Phillips Nursery, Glenda Phillips - 253-6692
- The Transplanted Garden, Tom - 763-7448
- Zone 8 Gardens, Dick - 792-1118
- Rooks Lawn & Garden Center, Susan - 259-3302
- Five Oaks Nursery, Monica - 762-8637
- Masonboro Home & Garden, Bob & Dawn York - 792-1499
- Lou's Flower Patch - 395-1004
- Ash's Japanese Maple Nursery - 270-4723
- Pendercrest Gardens & Gifts, Alexis Williams - 452-1020
- Fitness Tree Service, Stephen Snyder - 796-6507
- Plantation Nursery, Jon Gordon 231-9638