The Wilmington Tree Commission annually presents awards in up to twelve categories, for properties located within the city of Wilmington. The awards and criteria for nominations recognize outstanding tree preservation, outstanding landscapes, outstanding commitment to tree maintenance, and outstanding reforestation. Awards are presented in the following categories: The annual deadline for these awards is November 15.
- Outstanding maintenance and/or good tree health practices.
- Outstanding tree restoration: Rehabilitation of older trees with unique character.
- Outstanding tree preservation: Preventive health practices at construction sites.
- Outstanding handling of unique location challenges: Examples include soil and water conservation, difficult topography, etc.
- Outstanding use of native trees.
- Outstanding naturalized plantings: Design that simulates a natural habitat.
- Design that compliments architecture or topography of site.
- Design/style appropriate to history and/or significance of the site.
- Outstanding functional design: Design that facilitates/invites pedestrian use.
- City Street Trees
- Home Owner's Association
Tree Award Nomination Form