Layout - Left Frame
Saturday, July 23, 2016

Maides Park Community Center

History of  Maides Park / Derick Davis Center
In April 30, 1963, 15 acres of land in East Wilmington formerly used as a peanut farm was donated to the City of Wilmington by Annie Payne in memory of the late James and Matilda Maides. On this, the Derick G.S. Davis Recreation Center was built in the 1970s, which was named after the late Derick G.S. Davis, who was the first African-American Director of the City of Wilmington’s Recreation Department.

Features and Amenities:
This is a multi-purpose park consisting two picnic areas with a baseball/softball field, outdoor basketball court, open athletic field, playground equipment, and tennis courts. The facility has two multi-purpose rooms, an arts and crafts room,  full service kitchen, and computer room.


  Call 341-7867 for information on programs.




Layout - Right Frame
Layout - Footer Top Left Corner Layout - Footer Top Right Corner
Terms of Use  Privacy  ADA Policy  ©2002-2016 City of Wilmington 
102 North Third Street - Post Office Box 1810
Wilmington, North Carolina 28402-1810
Questions, Comments? Email Us!