What We Do
The City Clerk is appointed by the City Council and is charged with:
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of City Council proceedings and official City files.
- Fulfilling legal requirements established by the City's municipal code and North Carolina State law.
- Ensuring that the City Council, City staff, and interested citizens are aware of issues being addressed at City Council meetings by preparing, distributing, and posting, on a timely basis, agenda materials and minutes.
- Ensuring the Municipal Code is accurate and routinely updated.
Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City Clerk is the point-of-contact for citizens wishing to serve on City Boards, Commissions and Committees.
- Application for Appointment to Boards, Commissions and Committees
Other Useful Links
For Further Information
Please contact Penelope Spicer-Sidbury, City Clerk. Thank you.