We want to make a difference in our community and support the City’s 110,000 citizens and over 1,000 employees. We fully support the City of Wilmington’s strategic plan by offering a full range of services that include:
- Recruitment and retention strategies
- Effective employee relations management
- Employee benefits and wellness administration
- Compensation and classification analysis
- Safety and risk management
- Employee training and development opportunities
Working for the City of Wilmington
The City of Wilmington is proud of its 1,000+ diverse workforce who serves the community through professional, administrative, public safety, technical, clerical, skilled labor and trades work. Departments are responsible for providing such services as police and fire protection, waste and recyclables collection, stormwater services, road construction and maintenance, planning, zoning & neighborhood development.
Apply for positions with the City of Wilmington by browsing to our Current Job Openings page.
- Police & Fire Recruitment
- Pay Ranges and Job Descriptions
- Have a question about our application and recruitment process? Review our list of frequently asked questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The City of Wilmington does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender/sex, race, color, religion, national origin, veterans’ status, or genetic information. The City of Wilmington is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.