Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Entertainment: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Riverfront Park & N. Water St in downtown Wilmington
Questions? Call 341.7855
Fireworks begin at 9:05 pm from a barge in the Cape Fear River
Join us on downtown on July 4th beginning at 6:00 pm for food and musical entertainment by local favorite Port City Shakedown. Riverfront Park is located on North Water Street between Market St. and Princess St. Fireworks will begin at 9:05 pm from a barge in the Cape Fear River located just north of the Battleship NC. WECT TV 6 will air the fireworks live beginning at 9:00 pm and WGNI 102.7 will broadcast the fireworks music on air and at Riverfront Park.
- City decks located at 115 Market St. and 114 N. 2nd St. and the County deck at 212 N. 2nd St. will charge a $7.00 event fee. The Wilmington Convention Center at 515 Nutt St. will charge an $8.00 event fee. The fee for Cape Fear Community College lots will be $10. Parking on the street is FREE.
Important Traffic Information
- Expect 1 to 2 hour delays leaving downtown after the fireworks due to large volumes of traffic for this event.
- Vehicles should park on the side of downtown (with Red Cross St. being the dividing line) that is closest to the direction they will travel after the fireworks have ended.
- Traffic parked south of Red Cross St. will be diverted south towards Market St., Dawson St. and the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge - includes City parking decks in the 100 block of Market St., the 100 block of N. 2nd St. and the Water St. parking deck as well as the County deck in the 200 block of N. 2nd St. and the CFCC deck at Nutt St. and Redcross St.
- Traffic parked north of Red Cross St. will be diverted north towards MLK Parkway and the Isabel Holmes Bridge – includes the Wilmington Convention Center parking deck at 515 Nutt St. and the CFCC deck at 3rd and Hanover
- Those utilizing parking decks can expect longer delays due to high volumes exiting at one time.
- No standing, stopping or parking on bridges, roadways or along medians on route 17, 74/76, 133 or 421 – police will monitor these areas and towing will be enforced.
- A detour will occur at the 421 N. ramp from 74/76 as early as 6:00 pm or when necessary
For traffic information call 511 or visit the NCDOT TIMS website at http://tims.ncdot.gov/tims/.
- Authorities will maintain a safety zone for 30 minutes after the fireworks around the launch site. No thru boating traffic will be allowed.
Thanks to our sponsors for their support of our event!