- The City of Wilmington does not "certify" MWBE firms
- We recognize firms certified by the NC Department of Administration's HUB office through the Statewide Uniform Certification Program
- Only firms certified through SWUC will count towards the City's participation goal
- 14% Minority Participation goal for contracts over $50,000.00
Purchasing Law Information
- Statute, G.S. 143-128.2 requires public agencies to comply with specific and stringent requirements for promoting the use of minority business enterprises.
- General Contractors must make a good faith effort to include minority business participation in construction project in G.S. 143-128.2(f).
For additional information on the City's MWBE Program, please contact Daryle Parker at (910) 341-7830.