The City of Wilmington is proud to announce its 2009 Riverfront Farmers' Market with extended hours!
Watch the commercial!
The Riverfront Farmers' Market is open every Saturday from April 11 - December 19, 2009. This year, the hours have been extended from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. rain or shine. The Market is located along the riverfront on N. Water Street between Market and Princess streets in historic downtown Wilmington.
The City of Wilmington Parks, Recreation & Downtown Services Division established the Riverfront Farmers' Market in 2004. The Riverfront Farmers' Market is a curbside market featuring local farmers, producers, artists and crafters. Products offered include fresh fruits and berries, vegetables, plants, herbs, flowers, eggs, cheeses, meats, seafood, honey, baked goods, legumes, pickled items, jams and jellies, wine, art, crafts plus much more.
Farmers' Market Shopping Tips
- The market is held outdoors, rain or shine, so come dressed accordingly.
- Sturdy shopping bags or baskets will help you carry your purchases back to your car.
- Carry small bills so making change will be easy.
- The busiest times at the market are between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Come early if you want something very special or later if you want to avoid the rush.
- Ask plenty of questions: How is it grown? How do you cook it? Who has a certain kind of product?
- Free parking is available during weekend days at the City and County parking decks.
Musical Entertainment Weekly!
The Riverfront Farmers' Market is seeking musicians to perform at the market. Please send in completed entertainment profile if interested in performing. Click here for entertainment application.
The Riverfront Farmers' Market was developed to provide a place for local growers, producers, artisans and crafters to sell their goods directly to consumers, to educate consumers about local farming and seasonal eating, to encourage and promote the use of locally grown farm products and to enhance quality of life in Greater Wilmington by providing a community activity that fosters social gathering and interaction.
For more information, visit www.wilmingtonfarmers.com.