Layout - Left Frame
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
News - Archives By Year

Serve on a board or commission

The City of Wilmington wishes to provide its residents the opportunity to participate in city government. 

Interested citizens are invited to submit an application to the City Clerk to volunteer to serve on one of the following boards or commissions:

  • Sister City Commission
  • Golf Course Advisory Committee
  • Historic Preservation Commission (requires city residency)
    • Overlay district
  • New Hanover County Community Action (Headstart)
  • Downtown Parking Advisory Committee
    • Downtown business (Retail & Central Business District) 
    • Downtown resident – Central Business District
  • Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
  • Wilmington/New Hanover County Port, Waterway & Beach Commission
  • Zoning Board of Adjustment (requires city residency)

The deadline to apply is Friday, March 18, 2010.

If you are interested in volunteering to serve on the above-mentioned boards or commissions, please submit an application to the City Clerk for Council’s consideration.

Contact the City Clerk's Office at 910.341.7816 for more information. 

Click here to apply online

Click here to download an application

Layout - Right Frame
Layout - Footer Top Left Corner Layout - Footer Top Right Corner
Terms of Use  Privacy  ADA Policy  ©2002-2016 City of Wilmington 
102 North Third Street - Post Office Box 1810
Wilmington, North Carolina 28402-1810
Questions, Comments? Email Us!