Posted on December 20, 2011 00:00
The crime rate goes up during the holidays. Below are just a few suggestions from the Wilmington Police Department for keeping yourself, your gifts and your money safe during the holiday shopping season.
- Do not put packages in your car unless you are finished shopping at that location.
- Keep packages hidden in the trunk when going from one location to the next and lock car doors, even if leaving for only a moment.
- Do not throw away credit card receipts.
- Do not ever leave a purse or jacket with the wallet in the pocket open or unattended.
- Do not have your arms completely filled when going to your car.
For more information, contact the Wilmington Police Department at 910.343.3945.
View seasonal fire safety tips from the WFD.