Posted on June 26, 2012 00:00
Click on the map for a printable version.
The city's annual 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks will be held on Wednesday July 4, 2012 on Water Street in Riverfront Park.
Join us downtown for food, music and fun! It all starts at 5 p.m. when local band "L Shape Lot" takes the stage. Then, stay where you are to watch the fireworks! The show begins at 9:05 p.m. from across the river at the Battleship USS North Carolina.
Be sure to carefully read the map and helpful tips to the left if you are planning on coming downtown for the celebration!
- Expect delays when arriving and leaving the downtown area due to large volumes of traffic for the event. Those using parking decks can expect longer delays due to high volumes exiting at one time.
- No standing, stopping or parking on bridges, roadways or along medians on route 17, 74/76, 133 or 421 – police will monitor these areas and towing will be enforced.
- A detour will occur at the 421 N. ramp from 74/76 as early as 6 p.m. or when necessary.
- Due to construction of a new hotel on the corner of Grace and 2nd streets, the outbound lane (heading away from the river) of Grace St. is closed between Front & 2nd streets.
- The top level of the Water St. parking deck will be closed to pedestrians and vehicles because the guardrails are in need of repair. The lower level will be open for parking with access from Grace St. between Water and Front streets. The Grace St. exit ramp and a portion of sidewalk beneath the ramp are also closed.
Visit the city's 4th of July Celebration page for more information!