Posted on September 14, 2012 00:00
||The public is invited to provide comment and attend a meeting on the 10-Year Solid Waste Plan on Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 6 p.m. at the New Hanover County Government Center (HR Training Room A) at 230 Government Center Drive.
Local government offices are required by state law to prepare a 10-year Solid Waste Management Plan and provide updates every three years. New Hanover County collects the plans from all government offices within the county and compiles them into the 10-year Solid Waste Area Management Plan.
The plan includes the city's fee schedule, projects planned for the next three years, as well as an overview of the past three years. Additionally, specific goals are set in the plan for reducing the amount of waste sent to the area landfill and for increasing recycling and composting.
The city will hold its public meeting in conjunction with the county and other municipal government offices located within the the county. County staff will present an overview of the draft plan and answer questions related to the plan. City staff will also be on hand to answer questions.
The 2012 update is available for public review and comment through September 27, 2012 on the county's website at nhcgov.com
or at the following locations:
- New Hanover County Environmental Management (3002 U.S. Highway 421 N)
- New Hanover County Manager’s Office (230 Government Center Drive)
- Carolina Beach Town Hall (1121 N. Lake Park Blvd.)
- Kure Beach Town Hall (117 Settlers Lane)
- Wilmington City Hall (102 N. 3rd Street)
- City of Wilmington Solid Waste Office (235 Operations Center Dr.)
- Wrightsville Beach Town Hall (321 Causeway Drive)
Submit comments by 12 noon on September 27, 2012:
- By email to email@example.com
- In person to City of Wilmington Solid Waste Management Office 235 Operations Center Drive Wilmington NC 28412
- By US Mail to City of Wilmington Solid Waste Management Office; P.O. Box 1810; Wilmington NC 28402-1810 (postmarked no later than September 24, 2012)
Please direct any questions to Dave Bundick, Superintendent of Solid Waste 910-341-7875.