Posted on October 05, 2012 00:00
Click on image to enlarge.
||Bridge closures for Oct. 10-15:
The NCDOT will completely close the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge:
- Thursday, Oct. 11 at 8 p.m. through 5 a.m. Friday, Oct. 12
- The entire weekend from Friday, Oct. 12 at 8 p.m. until Monday, Oct. 15 at 5 a.m.
Additionally, the U.S. 17/U.S. 421 southbound left turn lane onto U.S. 74/N.C. 133/ Isabel Holmes Bridge will be closed:
- Saturday, Oct. 13 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and at other times as needed throughout the weekend.
Motorists can use the following alternate routes:
- The signed detour route from Dawson St. to Oleander Dr. to S. College Rd. to MLK Parkway to US 17.
- Motorists traveling on U.S. 421 South can use I-140 East to I-40 East to College Rd.
- Motorists traveling on U.S. 421 North from Carolina Beach can use College Rd. to I-40 West to I-140 West.
- Motorists traveling south or west from Carolina Beach can use the Southport-Fort Fisher ferry, which has added extra runs during the closure.
You can check traffic conditions in the city anytime by visiting wilmingtonnc.gov/trafficcams.