City Council meeting, 6:30 p.m. at City Hall
Items of interest on the agenda included:
- First of two votes on the 2013-14 budget; the second and final vote is scheduled for the June 18 City Council meeting. Highlights include:
- No property tax increase
- Core services maintained
- 2% pay raise for employees; additional 1.5% pool to be used for performance-based merit pay for eligible employees
- Strong savings (fund balance) for emergencies of about $25 million
- Continued funding for 5-year infrastructure improvement plan
- Continued public safety investment, including funding a full year’s funding for the WPD’s new Mobile Field Force as well as the purchase of a new ladder fire truck
- Request to use $33,132 of federal forfeiture funds to upgrade the city’s downtown camera system, which will allow police officers the ability to access the cameras from patrol car computers and view camera feeds online in real time.
The next Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 18. The agenda for the next meeting will be posted on the city's website on Friday, June 14.
Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers, which is located on the second floor of City Hall at 102 North 3rd Street. Parking is available in the Thalian Hall parking lot or in the city parking deck located directly across from City Hall. Meetings are also broadcast on GTV8 (Time Warner Cable channel 8) or simulcast by visiting the GTV8 web page. Following the meeting, videos are available on demand on the city's video archive web page.