Posted on July 03, 2013 14:26
The recent heavy rains have been no match for the city's completed Stormwater projects. Projects totaling over $5 million completed in 2012 alleviate flooding in problem areas and lessen the amount of polluted stormwater flowing into our waterways.
Recent completed projects include:
- Replacement of drainage systems at the intersection of Front and Walnut Streets and the intersection of Water and Ann Streets, downtown
- $673,000 in drainage improvements along Cardinal Drive near George Trask Drive
- Drainage improvements on Oleander Drive
- $560,000 in improvements on Mineral Springs Branch have reduced flooding problems in the vicinity of Dawson Street and Oleander Drive
- $1,417,500 in drainage improvements on Cavalier Drive
- $2,130,000 in drainage improvements on Cedar Avenue to alleviate flooding on College Road between Wrightsville Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard
Upcoming Drainage Improvement Projects
- Brookshire-Beasley area - This $4 million project will be one of the largest draining/flooding improvement projects the city has ever done.
- Brenda Drive
- Greenville Avenue
- Lincoln Outfall
- Bradley/Hewletts Creek
- Wisteria Lane/Clearbrook
Click here to learn more about these and future stormwater projects in the city.