Posted on July 03, 2013 14:27
Click on map to enlarge.
The following decks will charge a $7 event fee beginning at 2 p.m.:
- Market Street deck
- 2nd Street deck
- NHC deck beside downtown library
- Convention Center parking deck
Parking will also be available at both Cape Fear Community College parking decks.
SPECIAL THANKS TO...
...Mr. Henry Johnston for his generous donation to support this year's fireworks show in honor of his late wife, Lorene Reaves Johnston.
...Atlantic Diving and Carolina Marine Terminal for the donation of a tug and barge that will serve as the launch site for the fireworks.
Visit the city's 4th of July Celebration page for more information!
||The city's annual 4th of July Celebration & Fireworks will be held on Thursday, July 4, 2013 on Water Street in Riverfront Park.
Join us downtown for food, music and fun! It all starts at 5 p.m. when local band "Heart & Soul" takes the stage. Then, stay where you are to watch the fireworks! The show begins at 9:05 p.m.
Be sure to carefully read the map and helpful tips to the left if you are planning on coming downtown for the celebration!
- Expect delays when arriving and leaving the downtown area due to large volumes of traffic for the event. Those using parking decks can expect longer delays due to high volumes exiting at one time.
- No standing, stopping or parking on bridges, roadways or along medians on route 17, 74/76, 133 or 421 – police will monitor these areas and towing will be enforced.
- A detour will occur at the 421 N. ramp from 74/76 as early as 6 p.m. or when necessary.
- Event area along Water St. will close at 1:30 p.m. for setup
- Chestnut St. between Front and 3rd streets will close as early as 5 p.m. for WPD staging/traffic purposes.
- Streets west of 3rd St. towards the river to close as early as 6:00 pm (once parking is no longer available streets will close).
- The top level of the Water St. parking deck will be closed to pedestrians and vehicles. The lower level will be open for parking with access from Grace St. between Water and Front streets with a $10 event fee.
- Authorities will maintain a safety zone for 30 minutes after the fireworks around the launch site. No thru boating traffic will be allowed.