Posted on November 04, 2013 13:30
- Park Avenue. Paving of Park Ave. between Hinton and Greenville avenues will cause intermittent lane closures between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Flaggers are on hand to direct traffic. The work is expected to be complete by the end of November.
- Randall Parkway. Paving of Randall Pkwy. between S. Kerr Ave. and College Rd. began on Nov. 4 and will take about two weeks to complete. One lane will remain open in each direction, but motorists should expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes if possible. The work will occur on weekdays between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Water Street. Water St will be closed to thru traffic between Dock St. and Muter’s Alley for drainage improvements. Vehicles will be able to access the three parking lots in this block from Dock Street. The road is expected to reopen by Nov. 8.
- Masonboro Sound Road. The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority will close Masonboro Sound Road intermittently between Orchard Terrace and Finian Drive starting Nov. 6 for sewer work. The work is expected to take 3-4 weeks to complete.
- Waltmoor Road. Waltmoor Rd is closed to all thru traffic between St. Francis Dr. & Wickard Rd. for sewer repairs. The work is expected to be complete by Nov. 15.
- Thomas Rhodes Bridge. The NCDOT is closing the inside lanes in both directions of the bridge on US 421 nightly from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. for bridge work. The closures are expected to last until fall 2014.
- N. 2nd, N. 3rd, Hanover and Brunswick streets. Construction on the CFCC Fine Arts Center is causing intermittent delays and temporary road closures in the area. Construction is expected to be complete in spring 2015.
- N. Front, Grace and 2nd streets. Construction of a Courtyard Hotel is resulting in intermittent traffic delays, temporary lane and road closures. Construction is expected to be complete by November 30, 2013.