Click on map to enlarge
The 5th Annual 2014 Quintiles Wrightsville Beach Half & Full Marathon will take place on Sunday, March 16. The race, which starts at 6 a.m. in Wrightsville Beach, is expected to be complete by 1 p.m. The Southeast Tourism Society named the race as one of the top 20 events in the southeast. The event benefits many different charities as well as local school, church and volunteer groups.
Traffic Info/Hot Spots
More than three thousand racers will be participating in this event and many more spectators will be lining the streets to watch and cheer on the participants. Please use caution if traveling near the race course on Sunday. For the safety of participants, it will be necessary to restrict traffic on the streets along the race course. Motorists should expect delays at intersections and roads along the route.
The following lanes will be closed from 5 a.m. through 1 p.m. on Sunday:
- Right-hand lane of Eastwood Rd. from the Heide Trask Drawbridge to Military Cutoff Rd.
- Right-hand lane of Military Cutoff Rd. from Eastwood Rd. to Arboretum Dr.
- Southbound right-hand lane and right turn lane of Military Cutoff Rd. onto Town Center Dr.
- Outer left-hand turn lane from eastbound Eastwood Rd. (heading toward the beach) onto northbound Military Cutoff Rd. – single left hand turn lane only
The Wilmington Police Department will provide traffic control at the following intersections:
- Eastwood Rd. & Wrightsville Ave.
- Eastwood Rd. & Pembroke Jones Dr. / Lions Gate Dr.
- Military Cutoff Rd. & Drysdale Dr.
- Military Cutoff Rd. & Parker Farm Rd.
- Military Cutoff Rd. & Destiny Way
- Military Cutoff Rd. & Main St. / Sir Tyler Rd.
- Military Cutoff Rd. & Town Center Dr.
Businesses along the race route on Military Cutoff Rd. will be accessible at signaled intersections while the race is underway.
For more information, including complete event schedule and course maps, visit www.wrightsvillebeachmarathon.com.