Wilmington Convention Center (WCC) General Manager Susan Eaton presented an update on the WCC for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014 to City Council at their meeting on April 15.
Highlights from the presentation:
- The number of conventions/trade shows/conferences are expected to increase by 50 percent this year as compared to fiscal year ending 2013.
- While the total number of events is projected to decrease slightly, the number of people attending events at the WCC is expected to increase compared to fiscal year 2013.
- Room occupancy tax (ROT) revenue collected by hotels in all of New Hanover County increased by 4.23 percent in fiscal year 2013 and has increased by 2.53 percent so far this year.
- ROT collected inside the city limits is up 1.91 percent so far this year.
- ROT collected within the Convention Center district is up 3.66 percent so far this year.
The center’s revenues and expenses are within the city’s financial projections. No property tax dollars are used to operate or maintain the center.
Watch a video of the presentation
View the presentation slides
Visit the city's Convention Center page for more information.