Event will be held rain or shine. Any weather-related issues that may alter the event schedule will be posted on this webpage.
Downtown 4th of July celebration
Vendors and music start at 5 p.m. on Water Street. The fireworks show begins at 9:05 p.m. Here are a few important tips to remember:
Vehicles should park on the side of downtown (with Chestnut Street being the dividing line) that is closest to the direction they will travel after the fireworks have ended. See map at right, which is also available at wilmingtonnc.gov/july4th. Click on the map to enlarge.
Leave the pets at home. Reminder to residents and visitors that pets are not allowed downtown during special events where large crowds are present and streets are closed.
Decks – Special event rates apply after 2 p.m. Friday
- CFCC parking decks: $5
- Market Street deck: $7
- 2nd Street deck: $7
- NHC deck beside downtown library: $7
- Convention Center parking deck: $8
- Water Street deck (both levels open): $10
On street parking – free all day/evening Friday
Expect delays when arriving and leaving the downtown area due to large volumes of traffic expected for the event.
- The event area along Water Street will close at 1:30 p.m. for setup.
- Chestnut Street between Front and 3rd streets will close as early as 5 p.m. for WPD staging/traffic purposes.
- Streets west of 3rd Street toward the river to close as early as 6 p.m. (Once parking is no longer available, streets will close.)
Best view of fireworks
The best view of the fireworks will be from N. Water Street. There will be a boating safety zone for 30 minutes after the fireworks around the launch site. No thru boating traffic will be allowed.
Click here to see a list of what fireworks are legal and what’s not, as well as fireworks safety tips.
Visit wilmingtonnc.gov/july4th for more detailed information.