This program uses a combination of city and state funds to complete pedestrian and bicycle safety projects in the vicinity of elementary and middle schools throughout the region.
- Construct a walkway between Kingston Road and Bradley Creek Elementary School (completed FY2009)
- Construct a sidewalk along Greenhowe Drive between Bragg Drive and Kirby Smith Drive (completed FY2009)
- Install paved shoulders along Kirby Smith Drive between Greenhowe Drive and Holly Tree Elementary School (completed FY2009)
- Construct a 1,200 foot long sidewalk along Saint Nicholas Road and Blair Elementary School (completed FY2009)
- Construct a walkway between Spartan Road and Windemere Road (completed FY2010)
- Construct a 3,100 foot long sidewalk along the west side of Greenville Loop Road between Greenville Village mobile home community and Bradley Creek Elementary School (construction FY2010)
- Install a sidewalk along Lorraine Drive between Mary C. Williams Elementary School and the Riverlights development (construction FY2010)
- Install pedestrian crossing at Independence Boulevard and Park Avenue (design FY2010)
For more information, call Construction Manager Bret Russell at 910.341.5890.