The DCI (Division of Criminal Information) Division is run by 6 DCI clerks that work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
Their main responsibilites include but are not limited to:
- Entering lost and stolen property into NCIC (National Criminal Information Center)
- Entering missing and wanted persons into NCIC
- Forming criminal histories for investigative purposes
- Act as a point of contact/ liason for the court systems and other law enforcement agencies
- Process, enter, and remove warrants from NCIC
- Provide sensitive information to officers on the street