BMP, stands for Best Management Practice, which is an action or on-the-ground practice that reduces pollution in runoff and/or the amount of polluted runoff flowing into waterways.
BMPs are either structural (on the ground practices) or non-structural (actions).
Structural BMPs include:
- Rain Barrel (Monthly Sale Info)
- Rain Garden
- Shoreline Buffer
- Native Plants
- Backyard Wetland
- Pervious Pavement
Non-structural BMPs include:
- Picking up after your pet
- Washing your car on the grass
- Getting a soil test
- Disposing of yard debris properly
- Disposing of paint and chemicals at Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day