In June 2012, City Council voted to increase city revenues to fund a $41 million 5-year improvement plan. Your street has been selected to receive repairs as part of the plan. Weather permitting, work will take place from August 19 - August 30.
This notice is to inform you:
• The City of Wilmington Public Services will replace deteriorated drainage pipes in the Longstreet and JEB Stuart Dr. intersection. Pipe replacement is being done in advance of pavement resurfacing on Longstreet between Shipyard Blvd. and Pine Valley Drive.
• Longstreet Drive between Shipyard Blvd. and Pine Valley Dr. will be closed to thru traffic for drainage pipe replacement from August 19-23rd. Traffic will then be restricted to one lane to allow for paving from August 26-30th.
While the project is underway:
• Please turn off your lawn irrigation system and do not park vehicles on the street while work is underway.
• For your safety, the street will be blocked during construction and a short time afterward while the asphalt cools and hardens.
• The city appreciates your cooperation and patience while we put your tax dollars to work to invest in our future.
Please call the city’s Streets Division at 341-7879 or Stormwater Services 343-4777 if you have questions or would like more information.