The City’s recycling program is a voluntary curbside collection program.
- Recycling is provided as part of your trash collection, at no additional charge. To sign up, call 910.341.7875.
- Recycling is collected is on the same day as trash pick up, but on a bi-weekly collection schedule.
- Place your recycling bin in the right-of-way by 7:30 a.m. and remove it as soon as possible once it has been emptied.
- Do not put anything in your recycling bin that is not recyclable.
- Rinse out the items before placing them in your recycling bin.
- Lids and caps are now acceptable recycling items.
- Please flatten any cardboard boxes.
Residents who are not offered curbside recycling may use the recycling drop-off centers located throughout the county. For location information, visit the New Hanover County Department of Environmental Management webpage or call 910.798.4400.