City offices closed (Christmas)
- Date: 12/25/2017 (all day)
- Introduction: City offices will be closed Dec. 25 and 26 for Christmas. MONDAY TRASH CUSTOMERS WILL BE PICKED UP ON WEDNESDAY.
City offices will be closed on Monday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Dec. 26 for Christmas. There will not be any trash service on Christmas Day. Monday trash customers should place their items curbside by 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday instead.
Tuesday trash customers will be unaffected by the closure.
Holiday trash tips:
- City trash customers can put out as much trash as they like on their first scheduled pickup following Christmas without having to purchase excess trash stickers.
- City trash customers can recycle their Christmas trees curbside. Simply remove all ornaments and lights and place it curbside on your regular pickup day. Remember not to block storm drains, water meters or fire hydrants.
- Old holiday lights can be recycled at any New Hanover County library through Jan. 5
- Almost all wrapping paper is recyclable - except foil wrapping. Just place it in your blue cart.
- Remember, there is no limit on how much you can recycle. If your blue cart is full, place excess in another container next to your recycling cart.