4099 S. 17th Street
Wilmington, NC 28412
Andy Fairbanks Manager
Hours: Monday - Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Nature Preserve
- Handicap accessible 1.3 mile walking/bike trail
- Picnic shelters
- Playground areas
- Community building available for rentals & classes
- Halyburton Park Trail Guide
Events Center Brochure for Weddings/Special Events
Pre-registration is required for all programs. Call 341.0075 for more information. REGISTER ONLINE
- Nature/classes Summer Nature Series Brochure
- Preschool Nature Programs
- Fitness Classes
- Kayak Programs
- Summer Nature Camps
- School Field Trips
- Dragonfly Curriculum
- Dragonfly Guide
Halyburton Park is the perfect location for weddings, birthday parties, business meetings and other special events.
Event Center Information including pricing. Event Center Application & Policies
$30 for 4 hours city tax payer
$35 for 4 hours non city taxpayer
Non-profit groups (with 501c3 designation)*
Cost: City taxpayer: $20 for 4 hours
Non-city taxpayer: $25 for 4 hours
- Date: 04/26/2018 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Halyburton Park
4099 S 17th St
Wilmington, North Carolina 28412
- Introduction: This program will discuss the biology and behavior of alligators.
Ages 16/up Cost: $10
Pre-registration required. Register Online or call 341.0075.
Alligators and humans are both occupying the same habitat in Southeastern North Carolina. This program will discuss the behavior and biology of alligators. We will begin at Halyburton Park and then venture to Lake Waccamaw State Park to observe alligators in the wild. This workshop is led by educator Mike Campbell of the N.C. Wildlife Resource Commission.