4099 S. 17th Street
Wilmington, NC 28412
Andy Fairbanks Manager
Hours: Monday - Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Nature Preserve
- Handicap accessible 1.3 mile walking/bike trail
- Picnic shelters
- Playground areas
- Community building available for rentals & classes
- Halyburton Park Trail Guide
- Events Center Brochure for Weddings/Special Events
Pre-registration is required for all programs. Call 341.0075 for more information.
- Nature/classes Brochure Register Online
- Preschool Nature Programs Register Online
- Fitness Classes Flyer Register Online
- School Field Trips
- Dragonfly Curriculum
- Dragonfly Guide
Halyburton Park is the perfect location for weddings, birthday parties, business meetings and other special events.
Picnic Shelters Reserve Picnic Shelters Online
Hours to reserve: 9 am - 1 pm or 2 pm - 6 pm
$30 for 4 hours city tax payer
$35 for 4 hours non city taxpayer
Non-profit groups (with 501c3 designation)*
Cost: City taxpayer: $20 for 4 hours
Non-city taxpayer: $25 for 4 hours
- Date: 01/13/2018 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- Location: Halyburton Park
4099 S 17th St
Wilmington, North Carolina 28412
- Introduction: Saturday preschool nature program for kids ages 2-5.
Ages: 2-5 Cost: $3/participant
Preregistration required. Register Online or call 341.0075
Our Little Explorers classes are becoming very popular, and so we present to you our brand new “Nature in a Nutshell” Saturday morning series!
Bring your own blanket or lawn chair and come to Halyburton Park’s day-use area located to the right of Picnic Shelter #2. An educator will be giving a “Nature in a Nutshell” lesson on topics correlating with the weekly Little Explorers program theme. Our nature themes will be brought to life through stories, songs, games, hikes, and other hands-on activities.
Please dress for the weather (including closed-toe shoes) to be ready for outdoor fun! This is an extension of our current Little Explorers classes for those who would still like to sign up for these popular programs.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required.