Council meeting, May 16
Tuesday, May 16, City Council meeting, 6:30 p.m., City Hall
Items of interest on the agenda include:
- Presentation of results from the 2017 citizen survey.
- NO ACTION. A public hearing on the 2017-2018 city budget. Council is expected to vote to approve the budget on first reading at its June 6 meeting, and final approval is slated for June 20.
- APPROVED. Consideration of a 14-year agreement with UNCW for public use of the UNCW track, located near the intersection of Hurst Drive and Hamilton Drive on campus. The agreement involves the city contributing $300,000 over three years toward for rehabilitation of the track. In exchange, city residents would have access to use the track at certain times:
- 6-9 a.m. and 6-9 p.m. during the week when the university is open;
- 6 a.m.-9 p.m. on the weekend when the university is open;
- 6 a.m.- 9 p.m. each day when the university is closed.
- APPROVED. A request for reimbursement of up to $3,500 for Mayor Pro Tem Margaret Haynes’ Sister City trip to San Pedro, using unspent funds remaining in Council’s travel budget for this year.
Watch the meeting.
The next Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 6. The agenda for this meeting will be posted on the city's website on Friday, June 2.
Meetings are held at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers, which is located on the second floor of City Hall at 102 North 3rd Street. Parking is available in the Thalian Hall parking lot or in the city parking deck located directly across from City Hall.
Meetings are also broadcast on GTV8 (Time Warner Cable channel 8) or simulcast by visiting the GTV8 web page. Following the meeting, videos are available on demand on the city's video archive web page.