Volunteer for a board or commission
The City of Wilmington wishes to provide its residents the opportunity to get involved in their city government. Interested citizens are invited to submit an application to the City Clerk to volunteer to serve on one of the following board(s):
- Bike-Pedestrian Committee
- Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority (requires city or environs)
- Commission on African-American History
- Convention Center Advisory Committee
- Loan Review Board
- Municipal Services District Advisory Committee
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Sister City Commission
- New Hanover County school representative
- Tree Commission
The deadline to apply is Thursday, June 28, 2018.
If you are interested in volunteering to serve on the above-mentioned board(s), please submit an application to the City Clerk for Council's consideration.
Contact the City Clerk's Office at 910.341.7816 for more information.
- Click here to apply online.
- Click here to download an application
- Hear why serving on a board or commission is important to our community from Mayor Pro-tem Margaret Haynes