Free holiday events & parking!
Free holiday on-street parking downtown
On-street parking downtown is free Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 22-24), Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Dec. 24-25). On-street parking is always free on Sundays.
Shop local downtown, ride the free trolley and stay for the festivities!
Downtown Tree Lighting
- Friday November 23, 2018
- Riverfront Park at Market and Water streets in historic downtown Wilmington
- Holiday entertainment begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Lighting of the tree at 6:25 p.m.
- “Holiday Marketplace” with vendors selling unique handmade arts and crafts throughout the evening
- Santa will arrive at 6:30, shortly after the lighting
Greenfield Tree Lighting and Holiday Movie
- Friday, November 30, 2018
- Hugh Morton Amphitheater and Rotary Garden at Greenfield Lake Park - 1941 Amphitheater Drive
- Entertainment begins at 5:15 p.m.
- Tree lighting ceremony begins at 6:00 p.m. followed by the arrival of Santa
- Free showing of movie "ELF!" to begin at 7:00 p.m. at the Greenfield Lake Amphitheater
- Seating for movie is first come, first served
- Refreshments will be available for purchase
Wilmington Holiday Parade
- Sunday December 2, 2018 at 6 p.m.
- Parade begins at the corner of N. Front and Walnut traveling south on Front to Church Street
- Parking: $2 event fee to park in either the Market Street deck or the 2nd Street deck beginning at 5 p.m. On-street parking is free on Sundays. Please note, the Market Street deck tends to fill up quickly, so to avoid delays when exiting, consider parking on-street or in the 2nd Street deck as an alternative.
- Traffic: Street closures will go into effect along Front Street between Brunswick and Walnut streets beginning at 1 p.m. Closures along the parade route from Walnut through Castle streets will begin at 5 p.m. They will be reopened immediately following the parade at approximately 8 p.m. Hotel Ballast, Cotton Exchange, Coastline Convention Center and Wilmington Convention Center traffic should enter and exit via 3rd and Front streets to Brunswick Street to Nutt Street.
- Live coverage of the parade will be shown on WECT's Bounce channel
Get more information on all these holiday events at www.wilmingtonnc.gov/holidayevents!