COVID-19 Update for City Council Meeting 3/17
In an abundance of caution and consistent with the latest CDC guidelines regarding mass gatherings, we are working to limit those that are physically present in the council chamber main room to fewer than ten (10) people at tonight’s council meeting. Below are some of the steps that are being taken:
- There is only one public hearing, an important financial step the city needs to take action on, and the public comment form for this public hearing has been available online since last week.
- The only presentation will be from NHC EOC Director Steven Still on the coronavirus response. All others have been postponed.
- There is an important item regarding the employee leave policy during the coronavirus crisis that will be heard.
- City council members have the option to participate electronically through a dial-in phone call.
- City staff at the meeting will be limited to only that staff which is necessary to conduct the meeting and to properly inform Council.
The full agenda, including supporting documents, is available here
We encourage the media and the public to attend the meeting through electronic means. The proceedings may be viewed on Spectrum Channel 8 (GTV8) or online here. In an effort to limit the room to ten people or less, should citizens want to speak in-person at the public hearing, they may be asked to wait outside until their turn.