What We Do
The City Clerk is appointed by the City Council and is charged with:
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of City Council proceedings and official City files.
- Fulfilling legal requirements established by the City's municipal code and North Carolina State law.
- Ensuring that the City Council, City staff, and interested citizens are aware of issues being addressed at City Council meetings by preparing, distributing, and posting, on a timely basis, agenda materials and minutes.
- Ensuring the Municipal Code is accurate and routinely updated.
Boards, Commissions and Committees
- Application for Appointment to Boards, Commissions and Committees
Other Useful Links
For Further Information
As a result of the current COVID-19 outbreak, both the City and the Clerk's Office are following federal, state, and local guidelines and practicing social distancing and teleworking for our employees as much as possible. As a result, and due to the fact that many City records are not available for us to access electronically from home, it may take more time to process your public records request.
Your requests are important to us, and we ask that you have patience with us as we work to provide you with the information you need in the most efficient way possible under the circumstances.