Code Enforcement enforces city ordinances that provide a safe community and vibrant neighborhoods. Code Enforcement is responsible for increasing public understanding of the city's policies and procedures through community events. Code Enforcement Officers promote a healthy and safe environment for citizens and visitors by handling the following request:
- Houses or buildings that do not meet the Minimum Housing Code. Make a MHC request.
- Yards or vacant lots that are a Public Nuisance because of high weeds, trash and debris. Make a PN request.
- Junk & Abandoned Vehicles that are parked on private property. Make a vehicle request.
Code Enforcement issues 2 types of permits, to apply click below:
* Apply for a non-commercial poultry permit
* Apply for a non-commercial livestock/wild animal permit
While many people think that problems can be immediately resolved by a visit from an officer, there is often a due process that must take place using Certified letters, inspections, minimum housing hearings, and sometimes a City Council public hearing.
|1222 S 8th Street||MHC||17-0002||2/27/2020||9:00 am|
|1939 Hudson Drive||MHC||19-2303||2/27/2020||9:00 am|
|810 S 16th Street||MHC||20-1624||2/27/2020||9:00 am|