Code Enforcement enforces city ordinances that provide a safe community and vibrant neighborhoods. Code Enforcement is responsible for increasing public understanding of the city's policies and procedures through community events. Code Enforcement Officers promote a healthy and safe environment for citizens and visitors by handling the following complaints:
- Houses or buildings that do not meet the Minimum Housing Code. Make a MHC complaint.
- Yards or vacant lots that are a Public Nuisance because of high weeds, trash and debris. Make a PN complaint.
- Junk & Abandoned Vehicles that are parked on private property. Make a vehicle complaint.
Code Enforcement issues 2 types of permits, to apply click below:
* Apply for a non-commercial poultry permit
* Apply for a non-commercial livestock/wild animal permit
While many people think that problems can be immediately resolved by a visit from an officer, there is often a due process that must take place using Certified letters, inspections, minimum housing hearings, and sometimes a City Council public hearing. Minimum housing hearings are held in the second floor conference room of 305 Chestnut Street.
|Type of Hearing||Address||Hearing Date & Time||Case #|
|Minimum Housing||515 Orange Street||09/24/19||9:00 AM||16-0295|
|Minimum Housing||917 N 7th Street||09/24/19||9:00 AM||18-1656|
|Minimum Housing||1213 S 9th Street||09/24/19||9:00 AM||14-2120|
|City Council, Public||418 S 5th Avenue||10/01/19||6:30 PM||11-0033|
|Minimum Housing||702 S 13th Street||10/01/19||9:00 AM||18-1689|
|Minimum Housing||2813 Morgan St||10/01/19||9:00 AM||20-0165|
|Minimum Housing||4924 Park Avenue||10/01/19||9:00 AM||20-0875|
|Minimum Housing||815 Chestnut St||10/01/19||9:00 AM||19-2703|
|Minimum Housing||817 Chestnut St||10/01/19||9:00 AM||19-2754|
|Minimum Housing||819 Chestnut St||10/01/19||9:00 AM||20-0932|