Code Enforcement enforces city ordinances that provide a safe community and vibrant neighborhoods. Code Enforcement is responsible for increasing public understanding of the city's policies and procedures through community events. Code Enforcement Officers promote a healthy and safe environment for citizens and visitors by handling the following complaints:
- Houses or buildings that do not meet the Minimum Housing Code. Make a MHC complaint.
- Yards or vacant lots that are a Public Nuisance because of high weeds, trash and debris. Make a PN complaint.
- Junk & Abandoned Vehicles that are parked on private property. Make a vehicle complaint.
Code Enforcement issues 2 types of permits, to apply click below:
* Apply for a non-commercial poultry permit
* Apply for a non-commercial livestock/wild animal permit
While many people think that problems can be immediately resolved by a visit from an officer, there is often a due process that must take place using Certified letters, inspections, minimum housing hearings, and sometimes a City Council public hearing. Minimum housing hearings are held in the second floor conference room of 305 Chestnut Street.
|Type of Hearing||Case #||Street Address||Date||Time|
|Minimum Housing||20-1755||2801 Morgan Street||12/05/2019||9:00 AM|
|Minimum Housing||20-1761||2803 Morgan Street||12/05/2019||9:00 AM|
|Minimum Housing||17-2246||112 Borden Avenue||12/05/2019||9:00 AM|