The WFD provides fire suppression and first response emergency medical services (EMS) within the city. The department also responds to motor vehicle accidents, rescue situations, hazardous material incidents, water rescues and specialized fire and EMS emergencies.
Along with traditional firefighting, the WFD has several teams of firefighters who are cross-trained to serve multiple roles when an emergency arises. These teams respond to hazardous material incidents, high angle, trench, confined space and structure collapse rescues. The department also has teams trained in marine firefighting and dive rescue.
The Fire Department responded to 14,010 incidents in 2018. The following chart represents the increase in activity from 2014 to 2018.Below are folders that contain operational performance documents.
- The folder titled "Report Out Documents" contains performance documents used in our tri-annual report out sessions. The documents begin with 2016.
- The folder titled "Annual Compliance Reports" contains the required annual documentation submitted to the Commission for Fire Accreditation International to maintain department certification. The documents begin with 2014.
Report Out Documents
- Report Out 2019 Jan - Apr
- Report Out 2018 Final
Annual Compliance Reports
- WFD ACR 2018
- WFD ACR 2017
- WFD Response Statistics 2018
- WFD Response Statistics 2017