Click on map to enlarge
Currently in design phase. Construction expected to begin in 2017.
South College Road Trail
A 1.3-mile multi-use path along South College Road from Holly Tree Road to 17th Street/Waltmoor Drive. In addition to connecting with the Hugh McRae Complex and connecting the proposed Greenville Loop trail to the existing Cross-City Trail, this trail will allow for safe walking/biking along this busy section of South College Road. It will also connect Pine Valley and other neighborhoods with the retail center at 17th and College, home of a grocery store and many other retail establishments and restaurants.
- Maximizes use of public dollars by complementing and expanding upon existing trails
- Helps create safe connections for bicycling and walking between existing and planned trails
- Provides healthy, safe option to get exercise
- Provides walking/biking as another way to reach commercial areas, getting cars off congested roads
- Addresses one of the top priorities identified from citizens in neighborhood meetings held around the city earlier this year as part of city’s effort to develop long-term plan for growth