NOTE: due to storm damage the MLK Center is closed. We will keep you updated on progress of repairs. Please call 341.7855 for more information.
401 S. 8th Street
Phone: 910.341.7866 or TTY Relay 711
Community Kitchen project
With the help of Community Enrichment Initiatives, Inc. (CEII), the MLK, Jr. Community Center will soon be the home of a new community kitchen. In August 2017, the Wilmington City Council approved the ADVANCE project, which is a joint initiative between the City of Wilmington, CEII and the United States Green Building Council - North Carolina.
According to CEII's website, "The MLK Center needs a certified community kitchen to create a source of fresh, healthy food in a food desert, establish food education related programs, and serve as an economic incubator for startups and the new King's Market."
- View the resolution from the August 15, 2017 City Council meeting for more information on the project
- Learn more about CEII
- Get tickets for CEII's MLK Center Fall Feast
- Community Center Building/Gym
- 6 tennis courts with lights
- 3 Ball Fields
- William Murphy Swimming Pool
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Afterschool Program
- Summer Day Camp & Basketball Camp Flyer
- Art from the Heart (for adults with disabilities)
- Athletic programs
- GED Program offered by CFCC
- Senior Programs
- Special Events
- Teen Programs
Click on link above for information about youth basketball clinic and leagues
Open Gym is free for all ages. Cost: Free
Adult Open Gym (18/up)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 10 a.m. -12 p.m.
Youth Open Gym 17/under
Monday – Friday 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Open Gym - Adults with Disabilities
Wed. 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
Monday & Friday 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
NOTE: Gym hours are subject to change
due to evening programs. Please call 341.7866
ahead to assure gym will be open to public.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 10 a.m. – 12 noon
Mondays & Fridays: 12:00 noon - 3:00 p.m.
There is no cost for the senior programs.
For more information email or 910.341.7866.