- Afterschool Program Enrollment Form Fee Assistance Application Please bring completed enrollment forms to the MLK Center, 401 S. 8th St.
- Art from the Heart (for adults with disabilities)
- Athletic programs
- GED Program offered by CFCC
- Movie Night - Friday, Sept. 27
- MLK Dance Team Flyer Register Online
- PE for Home Schooled Kids Flyer Register Online
- Special Events
- Teen Programs Girls Mentoring Program Boys Mentoring Program Register Online
- Senior Fitness Class & Walking Club
- Senior Thanksgiving Luncheon
Open Gym is free for all ages. Cost: Free
Adult Open Gym (18/up)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 10 a.m. -12 p.m.
Youth Open Gym 17/under
Monday – Friday 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Open Gym - Adults with Disabilities
Wed. 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
Monday & Friday 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
NOTE: Gym hours are subject to change due to evening programs. Please call 341.7866 ahead to assure gym will be open to public.
For more information email or 910.341.7866.
Community Kitchen project
With the help of Community Enrichment Initiatives, Inc. (CEII), the MLK, Jr. Community Center will soon be the home of a new community kitchen. In August 2017, the Wilmington City Council approved the ADVANCE project, which is a joint initiative between the City of Wilmington, CEII and the United States Green Building Council - North Carolina.
According to CEII's website, "The MLK Center needs a certified community kitchen to create a source of fresh, healthy food in a food desert, establish food education related programs, and serve as an economic incubator for startups and the new King's Market."