- Afterschool Program Enrollment Form Fee Assistance Application Please bring completed enrollment forms to the MLK Center, 401 S. 8th St.
- Art from the Heart (for adults with disabilities)
- Athletic programs
- GED Program offered by CFCC
- Movie Night - Friday, November 22 Details
- Special Events
- Teen Programs Girls Mentoring Program Boys Mentoring Program Register Online
- Senior Fitness Class (Wed. at 10 am) & Walking Club (Wed. at 9 am)
- Bingo - Thurs. Oct. 17 & Thurs. December 12 10 am - 12 noon Register Online
- Senior Thanksgiving Luncheon - Thurs. Nov. 21 11 am - 1 pm Register Online
Open Gym & Gym Activities @ MLK Community Center
MLK Community Center is located at 401 S. 8th Street in Wilmington. Gym hours are subject to change due to evening programs. Call ahead to 910.341.7866 to assure gym is open to public. Cost: Free
Youth Open Gym
Monday-Friday 4 pm -5 pm
Open Gym ages 18/up
Tuesday and Friday 10 am -12 pm
Open Gym (all ages)
Wednesdays 10 am - 12 pm
Open Gym (40+)
Thursdays 10 am - 12 pm
City Employee Open Gym
Tuesdays 12 pm -2 pm
PE For Homeschooled Kids
Thursday 1 pm - 2 pm
Adults with Disabilities Open Gym
Wednesdays 12 pm - 1 pm
Mondays and Fridays 12 pm -3 pm
***All days are subject to change due to special events,programs and rentals*** Questions? Please call 341.7866
For more information email or 910.341.7866.
Community Kitchen project
With the help of Community Enrichment Initiatives, Inc. (CEII), the MLK, Jr. Community Center will soon be the home of a new community kitchen. In August 2017, the Wilmington City Council approved the ADVANCE project, which is a joint initiative between the City of Wilmington, CEII and the United States Green Building Council - North Carolina.
According to CEII's website, "The MLK Center needs a certified community kitchen to create a source of fresh, healthy food in a food desert, establish food education related programs, and serve as an economic incubator for startups and the new King's Market."