401 S. 8th Street
Phone: 910.341.7866 or TTY Relay 711
Mary Jones, MLK Center Supervisor 910.341.0053
Cliff Barnett, Recreation Coordinator 910.341.0056
Marqus Davis, Youth Athletics 9910.341.0057
Community Kitchen project
With the help of Community Enrichment Initiatives, Inc. (CEII), the MLK, Jr. Community Center will soon be the home of a new community kitchen. In August 2017, the Wilmington City Council approved the ADVANCE project, which is a joint initiative between the City of Wilmington, CEII and the United States Green Building Council - North Carolina.
According to CEII's website, "The MLK Center needs a certified community kitchen to create a source of fresh, healthy food in a food desert, establish food education related programs, and serve as an economic incubator for startups and the new King's Market."
- View the resolution from the August 15, 2017 City Council meeting for more information on the project
- Learn more about CEII
- Get tickets for CEII's MLK Center Fall Feast
- Community Center Building/Gym
- 6 tennis courts with lights
- 3 Ball Fields
- William Murphy Swimming Pool
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Afterschool Program
- Summer Day Camp & Basketball Camp Flyer
- Art from the Heart (for adults with disabilities)
- Athletic programs
- GED Program offered by CFCC
- Senior Programs
- Special Events
- Teen Programs
3 on 3 Basketball League
Open Gym is free for all ages. Cost: Free
Adult Open Gym (18/up)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 10 a.m. -12 p.m.
Youth Open Gym 17/under
Monday – Friday 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Open Gym - Adults with Disabilities
Wed. 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
Monday & Friday 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
NOTE: Gym hours are subject to change
due to evening programs. Please call 341.7866
ahead to assure gym will be open to public.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 10 a.m. – 12 noon
Mondays & Fridays: 12:00 noon - 3:00 p.m.
There is no cost for the senior programs.
For more information email or 910.341.7866.