(TDD 341.7873/TTY 711)
Legion Sports Complex includes:
- Legion Stadium/Jurgenson-Gabriel Field
- Buck Hardee Field (baseball)
- Four lighted tennis courts
- Robert Shipp Pool
The facility is provided as a venue for performances, exhibitions, athletic events and other activities.
- Seats about 6,000
- Grandstand: 3,500 (500 with seat backs; remainder aluminum benches)
- Visitor side: 2,500 (aluminum benches)
- Handicapped seating: 40 available
- Parking: approx. 4 acres paved parking
- Concessions: fully equipped concessions available in the grandstand
- Main field: Artificial turf
- Home and visitor field house
- Press box with public address
Legion’s Main Field (artificial turf):
- $1500 per day/event/game (4 hour block) for private groups
- $750 for nonprofit (4 hour block) (must provide 501c3 documentation)
Buck Hardee Baseball Field
- $475 per game (4 hour block) (non profit groups w/501c3)
- $575 per game (4 hour block) (private/commercial rental)
Legion’s Parking Lot or backfield:
- $700 per event/game (4 hour block) for private groups
- $575 per event/game (4 hour block) for nonprofit. (must provide 501c3 documentation)
- Attendant fee is $35/hour is an additional cost to the field rental fee listed above.
- A per ticket fee surcharge will be accessed for all events that sell tickets. The fee is .50 cent per
ticket for non-profit w/501 c3 events and $1 per event for profit events. Funds collected will be used for
improvements and maintenance of the Legion Sports Complex.
NOTE: Fees for long term agreements for the use of Legion are negotiable and may include concession payments.
Legion Stadium is the home for the Wilmington Sharks, Wilmington Hammerheads, Wilmington Post 10 Baseball as well as New Hanover High athletics.
For more information, call Morrell Fox 910.341.7872.