1702 Burnett Boulevard
Wilmington, NC 28401
Phone: 910.341.7852 (TDD 341.7873/TTY 711)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
|Ryan O’Reilly||Landscape & Forestry Manager||910.341.7818|
|Sam Lee||Landscape Supervisor||910.342.2794|
|Ricky Midgette||Tree Crew Supervisor||910.341.7824|
|Phil Pope||Parks Supervisor||910.341.0215|
|Aaron Reese||Forestry Mgt Supervisor||910.341.0078|
|April Ramsey||Admin. Support Technician||910.341.7852|
Parks staff maintains:
- City Parks
- Public Lots
- City-owned Alleys
- City-owned Rights-of-Way
- NCDOT-owned Rights-of-Way
- Tree Management - Email or call 910.341.7852 to report a tree problem
- Find a City Park List of City Parks
- Reserve a Picnic Shelter
- Community Garden Information
- Greenfield Park Map
Greenfield Boat Rentals - Email or call 910-762-5606
Cost: canoes, single kayaks and 2 seater paddle boats are $10 per hour.
Tandem kayaks and four seater paddle boats are $15 per hour.
Hours of Operation . Wednesday – Monday (Closed on Tuesdays) - 11 a.m.- 5 p.m
January-November, weather permitting.
- Park Hours Sunrise to Sunset except for approved City event.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited except where designated.
- Charcoal fires are allowed only in facilities provided – do not leave unattended.
- Fire pits, fireworks and firecrackers are not allowed.
- Park in designated areas only – please keep off grass.
- No loud music, noises or profanity.
- Dispose of all trash in the trash receptacles.
- Tents and inflatables (bounce houses) are prohibited unless approved by city.
- No motorized vehicles including, automobiles, 4-wheelers or motorbikes.
- No bathing, swimming or wading in lakes, ponds or water features
- Leash and pickup after pets
- Animals are not allowed on athletic fields, tennis courts, play areas, or in water features with the exception of service animals.
- No sleeping or camping overnight.
- No lying or sleeping on park benches, tables or play areas.
- Firearms are prohibited except as permitted under N.C.G.S. 14-415.11
Violation will result in a $100 penalty: Chapter 7 of Wilmington Code
Empie Dog Park
In reponse to the Governor's Stay at Home order and due to health and safety concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the Empie Dog Park is closed until further notice. Please email staff if you have questions.
Other Area Dog Parks
- Ogden Dog Park & Hugh MacRae Park: For more information, call New Hanover Parks at 910.798.7620
- Kure Beach Dog Park
Greenfield Park, 1739 Burnett Blvd
- Fishing permitted with license
- Boat launch (at W Lake Shore and Carolina Beach Rd)
- Boats with trolling motors that are 3hp or less
- Canoe/Kayaks can be launched
- Paddle Boat Rentals (behind tennis courts at 302 Willard Street) - Call 762-5606
Anne McCrary Park, 4000 Randall Parkway
- Fishing permitted with license
- Canoe/kayak launch only (No boat launch on site)
Archie Blue Park, 1306 Stanley St
- Canoe/kayak launch only
Dram Tree Park, 602 Surry St
- Public boat ramp and parking for boats
- No overnight parking
- Be careful of strong currents
There are two locations that are available for fishing within city limits:
- Greenfield Park (1739 Burnett Blvd)
- Anne McCrary Park (4000 Randall Parkway)
Greenfield Park has a boat ramp available to launch boats, canoes, and kayaks. Anne McCrary is limited to small boats, canoes and kayaks - no boat ramp is available . Fishing license is required; any persons under the age of 16 are not required to have a fishing license as long as they are accompanied by a licensed adult. Any further information relating to NC STATE FISHING REGULATIONS can be found at www.NCWildlife.org