GREENFIELD GRIND SKATE PARK @ Greenfield Lake(located behind 302 Willard Street, Wilmington) | 910.362.8222 Jonathan Batts, Manager
July 1, 2019: The skate park is now an open-use facility and is free of charge. It is open from sunrise to sunset.
About the Skate Park
The all concrete facility spans over 9,000 square feet consisting of multi-bowls with a banked street course. The park features a variety of hips, rails and ledges. The park is open 7 days a week from sunrise to sunset. All park rules must be followed. Usage is intended for skateboards, inline skates & BMX freestyle bikes.
Sunrise to Sunset.
There are no fees to use this facility.
This is an unsupervised park. The City of Wilmington does not assume responsibility for injuries. Use this facility at your own risk.
- Do not use the skate park when wet or rainy conditions exist.
- Loitering in the skate park outside of open hours is prohibited.
- Usage is intended for skateboards, inline skates and BMX freestyle bikes.
- Safety first – all participants must wear appropriate safety gear (helmets, knee and elbow pads are required).
- Ages 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Be courteous and respectful of others. No foul language or fighting.
- Dispose of all trash properly. Food, drinks, gum, and glass containers are not permitted inside the park.
- No additional obstacles including rails, ramps or other materials may be brought into the park.
- Pets are not allowed inside the park.
- Spectators are to remain outside of the skatepark designator area.
- The use of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Competitive or demonstrative events are not allowed without prior approval from the Parks and Recreation Division.
- Report damage/hazards and vandalism to the Parks and Recreation Division.
- For emergencies, call 911.
Questions? Contact Parks and Recreation at (910) 341-7855
Please help us keep your park clean and safe. Thank you.
BMX @ Greenfield Grind Skatepark
North Carolina is home to some of the best BMX trick riders in the world. Many top professionals live in Greenville (known as "Protown"), including Dave Mirra, who held the world record for the most X-Games medals (24) until 2013. Watch a BMX rider displays his amazing talents at the Greenfield Grind Skatepark at Greenfield Lake.