The Wilmington Tree Commission annually presents awards in up to twelve categories, for properties located within the city of Wilmington. The awards and criteria for nominations recognize outstanding tree preservation, outstanding landscapes, outstanding commitment to tree maintenance, and outstanding reforestation. All nominations will be considered in the early spring of each year. Learn more below.
- Outstanding maintenance and/or good tree health practices.
- Outstanding tree restoration: Rehabilitation of older trees with unique character.
- Outstanding tree preservation: Preventive health practices at construction sites.
- Outstanding handling of unique location challenges: Examples include soil and water conservation, difficult topography, etc.
- Outstanding use of native trees.
- Outstanding naturalized plantings: Design that simulates a natural habitat.
- Design that compliments architecture or topography of site.
- Design/style appropriate to history and/or significance of the site.
- Outstanding functional design: Design that facilitates/invites pedestrian use.
- City Street Trees
- Home Owner's Association
Parks & Landscaping
1702 Burnett Boulevard
Wilmington, NC 28401
Phone: 910.341.7852 (TDD 341.7873/TTY 711)