Purpose, Appeals & Protest Petitions
The purpose of the Planning Commission is to prepare studies of the area within the jurisdiction and surrounding areas, determine objectives to be sought in the development of the study area; prepare and adopt plans for achieving these objectives; develop and recommend policies, ordinances, administrative procedures, and other means for carrying out plans in a coordinated and efficient manner; advise the Council concerning the use and amendment of means for carrying out plans; exercise any functions in the administration and enforcement of various means for carrying out plans that the Council might direct; and perform any other related duties that Council may direct.
Petitions for amendments that receive an unfavorable recommendation from the Planning Commission may be appealed to the Wilmington City Council. Appeals should be in the form of a letter submitted to the City Clerk within ten (10) days of the Planning Commission's decision.
Meetings are generally held on the first Wednesday of each month in City Hall Chambers, 102 North 3rd Street, at 6:00 p.m.
- Development Review
- Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines
- Annual Report
- Planning Commission Rules of Procedure
- 2020 Special Use Permit Submission Deadlines
Below is a list zoning amendments that have been submitted for consideration by the Planning Commission. These items have not yet been evaluated by staff.
- LDC-1-1019 Staff Initiated
- CD-5-909-M320 2525 Wonder Way 621, 703, 705 Shipyard Blvd Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-11-320 4729, 4733, 4737, 4741 College Acres Drive Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-10-315-M320 217, 219 Greenville Ave 3321, 3325 Dellpar Ln Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-5-917-M320 1532, 1541 Eastwood Road Application Proposed Site Plan
- Z-7-320 3739 S. College Road Application
- CD-9-220 3917 Wilshire Boulevard Application Proposed Site Plan
Below is a list special use permits that have been submitted for approval by City Council. These items have not yet been evaluated by staff.
- SU-2-120 6730 & 6800 Wrightsville Avenue WITHDRAWN
- SU-4-917-M420 1531 & 1541 Eastwood Road Application Narrative Proposed Site Plan
- SU4-220 717 Orchard Drive Application Narrative Proposed Site Plan
- SU-5-520 2323 Wrightsville Avenue Application Narrative Proposed Site Plan
- SU-6-520 321 Hooker Road Application Narrative Proposed Site Plan
- SU-7-520 6014 Wrightsville Avenue Application Narrative Proposed Site Plan
Calendar of Meetings
Seven members are appointed by City Council to serve three year terms. Requires City residency. More..
- Richard Collier - Chairman
- Jeffrey Hovis - Vice Chairman
- Candy Cortes
- Jeannie (JC) Lyle
- Bruce Bowman
- Ron Woodruff
- Al Sharp