Purpose, Appeals & Protest Petitions
The purpose of the Planning Commission is to prepare studies of the area within the jurisdiction and surrounding areas, determine objectives to be sought in the development of the study area; prepare and adopt plans for achieving these objectives; develop and recommend policies, ordinances, administrative procedures, and other means for carrying out plans in a coordinated and efficient manner; advise the Council concerning the use and amendment of means for carrying out plans; exercise any functions in the administration and enforcement of various means for carrying out plans that the Council might direct; and perform any other related duties that Council may direct.
Petitions for amendments that receive an unfavorable recommendation from the Planning Commission may be appealed to the Wilmington City Council. Appeals should be in the form of a letter submitted to the City Clerk within ten (10) days of the Planning Commission's decision.
Meetings are generally held on the first Wednesday of each month in City Hall Chambers, 102 North 3rd Street, at 6:00 p.m.
- Development Review
- Meeting Dates and Deadline Submissions
- Annual Report
- Planning Commission Rules of Procedure
Below is a list zoning amendments that have been submitted for consideration by the Planning Commission. These items have not yet been evaluated by staff.
- CD-4-918 3720 Federal Park Drive Application Site Plan
- CD-5-918 4716, 4718, 4722, 4726, 4730 College Acres Drive Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-6-918 6720 Market Street Application
- CD-7-1018 6332 Oleander Drive Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-8-1018 1929 & 1949 Carolina Beach Road Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-9-1018 901 S. Front Street Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-7-208-M1018 SU-4-1018 1220 N. 30th Street CD Application SUP Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-10-1118 321 Hooker Road Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-11-1118 6121 Market Street Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-12-1118 575 Military Cutoff Road & 519 Old MacCumber Station Road Application Proposed Site Plan
- CD-16-517-M1118 927 Military Cutoff Road Application Site Plan
- LDC-2-718 CAMA Regulations Application
- LDC-4-1018 Sheds in Private Community Gardens Application
- LDC-6-1018 Medical Offices in CDMU Application
- LDC-7-1018 Courtyard Developments Application
- SC-2-1018 Eastwood Service Road Application
- SU-7-500-E601-M307-M311-M1018 1011 Eastwood Road Application Narrative Proposed Site Plan
- SU-5-1118 225 Pine Grove Drive Application Proposed Site Plan
- Z-1-818 1111 1115 French Road Application Map
Calendar of Meetings
Seven members are appointed by City Council to serve three year terms. Requires City residency. More..
- Deb Hays - Chairman
- Richard Collier - Vice-Chairman
- Candy Cortes
- Jeffrey Hovis
- Jeannie (JC) Lyle
- Bruce Bowman
- Kemp Roberts
- Ron Satterfield, AICP - Assistant Director of Planning, Development and Transportation