Purpose, Appeals & Protest Petitions
The purpose of the Planning Commission is to prepare studies of the area within the jurisdiction and surrounding areas, determine objectives to be sought in the development of the study area; prepare and adopt plans for achieving these objectives; develop and recommend policies, ordinances, administrative procedures, and other means for carrying out plans in a coordinated and efficient manner; advise the Council concerning the use and amendment of means for carrying out plans; exercise any functions in the administration and enforcement of various means for carrying out plans that the Council might direct; and perform any other related duties that Council may direct.
Petitions for amendments that receive an unfavorable recommendation from the Planning Commission may be appealed to the Wilmington City Council. Appeals should be in the form of a letter submitted to the City Clerk within ten (10) days of the Planning Commission's decision.
Meetings are generally held on the first Wednesday of each month in City Hall Chambers, 102 North 3rd Street, at 6:00 p.m.
- Development Review
- 2019 Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines
- Annual Report
- Planning Commission Rules of Procedure
Below is a list zoning amendments that have been submitted for consideration by the Planning Commission. These items have not yet been evaluated by staff.
- CD-17-419 SU-7-419 321 Hooker Road CD Application SUP Application Proposed Site Plan
- LDC-9-419 Sign Regulations Application
- SU-7-519 4830 Randall Parkway Application Proposed Site Plan
- SU-8-519 138 N. 4th Street Application Proposed Site Plan & Elevations
- CD-18-519 614 Peacock Alley Application Proposed Site Plan & Elevations
- LDC-2-718 CAMA Regulations Application
Calendar of Meetings
Seven members are appointed by City Council to serve three year terms. Requires City residency. More..
- Deb Hays - Chairman
- Richard Collier - Vice-Chairman
- Candy Cortes
- Jeffrey Hovis
- Jeannie (JC) Lyle
- Bruce Bowman
- Kemp Roberts
- Ron Satterfield, AICP - Assistant Director of Planning, Development and Transportation