The Transportation Planning section of the Planning, Development, and Transportation division is primarily served by planning and engineering staff of the Wilmington Metropolitan Planning Organization (WMPO). The WMPO is the regional transportation planning agency, also housed in the the City of Wilmington administrative offices, utilizing specialized knowledge, experience, and funding mechanisms through the North Carolina Department of Transportation to facilitate the planning and prioritization of transportation projects throughout Wilmington and the lower Cape Fear region.
- Wave Transit
- Wave Transit Site Development Plan
- Short-term Transit Needs
- Multimodal Center
- Wave Bus Routes, Schedules and Maps
- Go Coast - Promotes alternative and sustainable transportation in our region.
- CSX Rail
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM)
- North Carolina State Port Authority - Port of Wilmington
- Greyhound Bus
Highways & Roads
- Cape Fear Historic Byway Corridor Management Plan
- Dawson/Wooster Corridor Plan
- US 17 Business Corridor Study
- River Road Small Area Plan