Public Affairs Officer
The Public Affairs Office coordinates the Police Department’s media relations and public communications and provides staff support to the Office of the Chief.
The Public Affairs Officer is responsible for:
- Publicizing the Police Department’s programs, services and special events.
- Distributing news releases and media updates on significant incidents and breaking news.
- Responding to the scenes of major incidents to coordinate release of information to news organizations.
- Managing WPD’s volunteer assignments and student internships.
- Supervising the Crime Prevention Unit.
The communications specialist is responsible for outreach efforts, media relations, and social media engagement.